The Workforce Information and Networking Hub was created in partnership with the Advanced Education Branch of the YG Department of Education, to provide a bridge service between conventional disability support agencies and mainstream employment services provided by Employment Central. Officially opened in October of 2015, our office is strategically located at 203, 204 Black Street, next door to employment Central, in the downtown area of Whitehorse.
In the Media
For Job Seekers
- Provide support and assistance in job searching and career development
- Develop individualized plans to support people in getting back to work
- Facilitate application for programs through Yukon Government for employment or retraining
- Provide a comfortable place for people to come use our computers for employment purposes
- Offer support to employers accommodating Yukoners with barriers, to succeed
- We can help with finding employees to fill existing positions within your organization.
- We can provide information on wage subsidy programs for qualified individuals.
- We can assist and provide advice for accommodating employees with disabilities or barriers.
- We can help educate your existing staff in what it takes to accommodate people with disabilities.