Person Centered ApproachRoger Gillies
A Person Centered Approach
Facts Everyone Should Know
- Person-centred practice is treatment and services provided that places the person at the centre of their own planning or care and promotes self-advocacy, independence, dignity and respect.
- Person-centred care is a philosophical approach to service delivery and service development, ensuring that service systems are developed in partnership with people, their families, and/or their care providers.
- Person-centered practice can be developed on an organizational scale, for example having a person-centred practice organizational policy; ensuring people are involved in decisions regarding their plan for services
- With consistent and persistent change to practice to incorporate person-centred practices it is foreseen that overtime this will become a part of organizational culture.
Person Centred Philosophy Is
- Responsive to individual differences, cultural diversity, personal preferences and values, family situations, social circumstances and lifestyles, preferences of the people receiving services
- Easy to navigate.
- Provided in the most favourable environment.